Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Adventure Begins

A lot of people dream of moving to some far off exotic place.  I guess I'm no different.  I dream of living somewhere where it's summer all year long.  Would the reality actually be the dream?  That's hard to say.  The picture here is the view from our window on our last trip to Liberia, Costa Rica.  We had such a wonderful time there. Ever since we got back I've been thinking about how we could actually move there one day.  For now I'd like to purchase a vacation home and then one day perhaps move there.  My husband hasn't been too interested in the idea.  He wants to live a simple and stress free life and having a property thousands of miles away would indeed be stress inducing.  You would need to have someone or some company you trust to take care of the every day maintenance.  If we moved there it would be a different story but we're a number of years from retirement (barring any lottery winnings of course) so we need to think of a vacation home for now.  However recently my husband seems to be open to the possibility so with that small opening in mind off I go headlong into the dream to see where it will take me.

This blog will chart my research and findings about moving to some exotic locale.  Right now I'm concentrating on Costa Rica because I've heard it's very foreigner friendly and it's easy for Canadians to purchase property there.  As well there is a pretty low crime rate and their health care is pretty good as well.  These are all things to consider.  I am open to looking at other areas though and it won't be tomorrow that we purchase so I have lots of time to research.  This blog will mainly be a place to keep all my research together in one place but perhaps it will be helpful to others in search of a similar dream.

So for this first posting it is simply noting the dream.  Where will it go from here?  That's really all up to me isn't it.

No comments:

Post a Comment